|Cyprus Centre of the I.T.I.|
Τhe Cyprus Centre of the I.T.I. was established in November 1977.
Τhe contribution of the Centre to the theatrical development of Cyprus has been substantial. From the very beginning of its establishment it became an agent of theatrical information to and from Cyprus. Thanks to this information the theatrical community of Cyprus had the opportunity to become acquainted with theatrical trends worldwide.
The Centre, through its network of relations and connections with other national Centres, gave the possibility to many members of the Cyprus theatre community to take part in different activities of the international organisation.
The Centre aims at promoting:
• international exchange of knowledge and practice in theatre arts (drama, dance, music theatre).
• culture and education (art education) as a means of ensuring that pupils and students are given equal opportunities within the education system
• cultural exchanges and the transnational circulation of works of art,
• the mobility of artists across national borders,
• intercultural dialogue and
• cultural heritage with a view to improving public access to different forms of cultural and linguistic expressions.
Τhe Centre is run by a nine-member Board, which is elected by the general meeting of its members for a three-year term of office.
President : Christakis Georgiou
Executive Director: Neophytos Neophytou
Administrative Officer: Angela Christofidou
Clerical Assistant: Anna Charalambous
In the ’90’s the Centre began a series of activities relating to ancient Greek drama. They have continued successfully to this day and have become significant cultural events of international appeal that have over the years achieved the establishment of a dialogue with intercultural dimensions. Through these activities ancient Greek drama is viewed from two perspectives: as a field of academic study and research and as a stage performance. The activities include:
Apart from the above activities, which are permanent, the Centre has made plans:
Τhe Centre has also, since its establishment, been very active in the field of publications.
Culture Action Europe Contact: Angela Christofidou
Cyprus Centre of the I.T.I.
38 Regaena Street - 1st floor
T. +357 22 674920
F. +357 22 680822