|Musique & Santé|
Musique & Santé was founded in 1998. It is a French non-profit organisation advocating and working for the development of live music in hospitals and institutions for disabled persons.
Through actions, training sessions, research, and mediation, Musique & Santé engages with all – whatever their age and culture.
Musique & Santé is a French non-profit private organisation (“association de loi 1901”), and is leading the informal European network “music in healthcare settings”.
Musique & Santé takes part in the general care and support of hospitalised and disabled persons with the following values: humanisation, creativity and shared pleasure, encounters and proximity, competences and professionalism, partnership and durability.
Musique & Santé works in several ways:
• regular musical activities in the framework of annual agreements with the health or handicap institutions. Different approaches and methods: playing at patients’ bedsides, workshops, ambulatory concerts, artistic residencies, playing for and with the patients, families, and care staff. Playing or singing for all ages – from premature babies to the elderly
• professional training of staff of the health and handicap sectors and of musicians on the topics of music practice and its integration in a medical environment, the general care given to patients, cultural care
• research and reflection with medical and care staff on the place of music and musicians in healthcare settings
• mediation: Musique & Santé promotes and encourages the meeting of cultural institutions and artists with hospitals that are willing to develop musical projects
• European partnerships around cooperation projects, training, sensitization, and networking on the theme of music in healthcare settings
Culture Action Europe Contact: Cécile Provôt – Project Coordinator
Musique & Santé
Philippe Bouteloup – Director
4, passage de la Main d'Or
T.: +33 (0)1 55 28 81 00
F: +33 (0)1 55 28 81 01