|Job position at EBLIDA|
EBLIDA is looking to appoint a new Office Assistant, by October 2011.
The closing date for applications is 9th September 2011.
Interviews are planned to take place in The Hague (The Netherlands) in the week starting 19th of September.
EBLIDA (the European Bureau of Library, Information and Documentation Associations) is looking for an office assistant to join the organization from October 2011.
EBLIDA represents and promotes the interests of library associations and institutions in Europe, working closely in a small team to accomplish the aims and goals of the organization. EBLIDA brings together members from 37 countries in Europe and works on issues of information law, digitization
and online access, education and lifelong learning, culture and information society and library and information science education in Europe.
The Overall mission of EBLIDA is to:
Secure access for all to the benefits of the information society in all formats:
-by active involvement at national and European level regarding legislative andadministrative issues which are of relevance to the library and information sector in Europe
-by supporting formal, informal and non-formal education at all levels, including lifelong
-by making culture and cultural diversity accessible, and securing their preservation
-by supporting scientific and technical development, not least in the areas of Open Access and institutional repositories
Post Title: EBLIDA Office Assistant
Reporting: to Director
Contract Length: One year (renewable)
The main responsibilities of the office assistant will be the following:
• Coordination of the work of the secretariat under the supervision of the Director;
• Financial administration and liaison with accountants, banks, etc.
• Administration of the EBLIDA membership database;
• Support in the preparation and production of EBLIDA News;
• Maintenance of the EBLIDA website and the EBLIDA mailing lists;
• Support in the organisation of the EBLIDA Annual Council meeting and Conference and other
workshops and conferences organized or co-organized by EBLIDA.
EBLIDA is looking for someone who matches the following profile:
• Excellent communication skills including fluent oral and written English and good
understanding of Dutch;
• Detailed knowledge of MS Office tools (in particular Word and Excel) and experience using
database software (especially FileMaker Pro) to create and manage databases;
• Experience editing web pages using a CMS and understanding of basic website
• A flair for figures and the proven ability to accurately manage budgets and perform financial
• Proven ability to work well in a small team and to understand the international
• Commitment to the aims of EBLIDA along with the confidence and skills to identify and
propose possible changes which would improve the efficiency or success of the secretariat;
• Demonstrated ability to complete work accurately and to short deadlines and the flexibility
to be able to juggle different activities with different priorities and deadlines;
• Experience in a Library or Archive service or in a Library Association and understanding of
the role of EBLIDA in a European context;
• Minimum Intermediate / Higher (Vocational) Educational Qualification(s) and/or relevant
The position of office assistant will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a
vibrant and exciting international environment and to establish close contacts with library and
information professionals from across Europe. The aim of the EBLIDA secretariat is to offer a high
level of service to the EBLIDA Executive Committee, the EBLIDA members and to other European
stakeholders. The position requires a person who can work within the framework of a network
organization, but also a person who can work independently and with great self motivation.
Terms and conditions of employment
• Location: EBLIDA Headquarters, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, The Hague, The Netherlands.
Occasional travel outside The Netherlands may be required.
• Hours: 28 hours per week (four days per week). In connection with special events
(conferences, workshops, etc.) some work may be expected outside the normal working
• Salary: approximately €1600 gross per month (excluding benefits) based on 28 working
hours per week.
• Period of employment: the initial appointment will be for one year, subject to satisfactory
performance of responsibilities and duties. The appointment is open to renewal at the end
of this period by mutual consent.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application in English including a full CV, short covering
letter explaining the candidate’s motivation for applying and the skills they believe they would bring
than 9th September 2011.
Subject: Application Office Assistant.
Interviews are planned for the week starting 19th September and the successful candidate would be
expected to start work after that as soon as possible.
If you have further questions about the position, please contact Vincent Bonnet on +31 70 31 40 137