Agence luxembourgeoise d’action culturelle
The Agence luxembourgeoise d’action culturelle is an interface body for culture, active in 4 fields:
- Mediation and counseling;
- Cultural events: organisation of public events, depending on the demands of certain Ministries or the City of Luxembourg;
- National ticket point set up and managed by the Agence;
- EU Cultural Contact Point
Structure of the organisation
Non profit association co-managed by the Ministry of Culture and the City of Luxembourg. Following Luxembourg law on associations and foundations, the Agence has a general assembly once a year. The ten member executive board meets regularly. The presidency of the board rotates between the Minister of Culture and the Mayor of the city of Luxembourg.
To be an interface platform for culture:
- The agency focuses on the “alternative culture”, i.e. grass root organisations which need professional help to run their projects.
- Focus on interregional co-operation in the so-called Greater Region (Lorraine-France, Wallonia-Belgium, Rheinland-Pfalz-Saar, Germany), in perspective of “Luxembourg and the Greater region, European capital of culture 2007”.
- Mediation and counseling of cultural operators through the whole project cycle management: discussing the project, identifying partners, mediation with useful contacts, funding, logistical help
- Implementation of cultural and artistic projects
- Cultural contact point: information on cultural funding in Europe, on European cultural policies, counseling, mediation with European contacts, searching partners, conferences, co-operation with other EU programmes for a better integration of the cultural sector in other policies
- Events: Carnaval des cultures, Sculpture en ville, Capo Verde and Vietnam cultural weeks, Pinuccio Sciola exhibition in 2004 (sculptures), National or interregional meetings on EU-funding and European co-operation
- National ticket point Luxembourg (www.luxembourg-ticket.lu)
Culture Action Europe contacts: Jean Reitz or Marie-Ange Schimmer
Agence luxembourgeoise d’action culturelle asbl
Boulevard Royal 51
T. + 352 46 49 46 or + 352 46 49 22
F. + 352 46 07 01