Kunstconnectie is a Dutch employers association for institutes active in art education and participation.
- On behalf of its members, Kunstconnectie formulates views on topical issues and themes.
- We motivate, advise and facilitate member institutes in developing and performing their activities.
- By joining forces and connecting interested parties, our members are afforded a broad range of advantages.
- We strive to promote the profile and the quality of the sector’s activities and to ensure the sector’s position as a recognised and respected partner in the cultural-political debate and the development of related policy
- As an employers’ organisation, and on behalf of its members Kunstconnectie negotiates the Central Labour Agreement (CAO) for our sector and assists institutes in its implementation respected partner in the cultural-political debate and the development of related policy
The association has 203 members: almost all provincial supportive institutes for art and culture and more than 80% of the Centres for the Arts/music schools are member. Kunstconnectie has a small office (with 11 staff members filling 7 job positions). Income consists of membership fees and contributions for services, and structural and commission-related government financing. The structural subsidy will largely be discontinued over the coming years. The emphasis will shift instead to commission financing and higher contributions by the members.
Kunstconnectie is devoted to enhancing the position and professionalism of institutions for art education and art participation in the Netherlands
Kunstconnectie’s principal tasks are:
The association’s motto is “for and by the members”. This means that Kunstconnectie does not itself develop knowledge and products, but that it seeks out and uncovers what is already present or is being developed within the sector, to make this available to all members. Network formation, exchange and reciprocal consultation are central concepts. The role of the office is to make the connections between institutes and between institutes and the entire sector. As an employers’ organisation, and on behalf of its members negotiates the Central Labour Agreement (CAO) for our sector and assists institutes in its implementation.
- strategic policy development and interest representation at sector level,
- fostering unity and promoting central arrangements,
- stimulating and facilitating professionalisation, quality improvement and innovation,
- maintaining the association and the various networks and committees.
- negotiating Central Labour Agreement at sector level
Kunstconnectie is working hard to achieve a higher profile for arts education and participation in The Netherlands.
Culture Action Europe Contact: Ms. Gerrie Koops, office manager/staff member international contacts
Dutch association of institutes for art education and participation
P.O. Box 365
3500 AJ Utrecht
T. +31 30 2303740
F. +31 30 2303749